Oxford Afternoon Tea River Cruise
AT A GLANCE
- 1.5 hour Sightseeing River Cruise
- Cruise Along the University Regatta Course
- View the University Boat Houses and Christ Church Meadows
- Sail Through Water Meadows and spot Wildlife Around Iffley
- Travel through ancient Iffley Lock
- Enjoy an Indulgent Afternoon Tea served Aboard.
- 10% Food Discount at The Folly Restaurant
- £39pp Adults, £19pp U16
- Private Options Available on Request
- Public Cruises May to early October
This relaxing afternoon cruise sails downstream from Folly Bridge taking in the best known reach of the River Thames in Oxford. Traveling down the University Regatta Course we pass Christ Church Meadows, the University College Boat Houses and other landmarks on our way to Iffley lock. This is often a busy and vibrant section of the river where training rowing crews, punts and pleasure boats jostle for river space in an wonderful display of Oxford at play. Passing through the lock at Iffley is an experience in itself. The river scenery and fascinating buildings combining to form a picture perfect location. Beyond Iffley we travel in to the tranquil water meadows that surround Oxford and there are abundant opportunities to spot wildlife amongst the green banks and overhanging willows. We turn for home at Rose Island, a favourite destination of Lewis Carroll and Alice Liddell on their river journeys.
Aboard the boat we serve an indulgent afternoon tea provided by the renowned riverside restaurant, The Folly. The traditional menu includes*.
- An Selection of Finger Sandwiches
- Homemade Scones with Strawberry Jam, Clotted Cream and Fresh Strawberries
- A Selection of Cakes, Tarts or Petit Fours
Drinks to take aboard can be purchased at the departure point.
The cruise costs £39 per person and £19 for children under 16.
The cruise departs from our moorings at The Folly, 1 Folly Bridge, Oxford, OX1 4JU. Departure is usually at 3.30pm. The cruise lasts approximately 1.5 hours. Advance booking is essential.
Private versions of this cruise are also available (a surcharge applies for groups of less than 8 people). This trip operates between May and September.
*contents may differ and depend on availability