Oxford Picnic Cruise
Our Oxford picnic cruise combines Oxford sightseeing with a leisurely picnic and relaxed experience of river life
AT A GLANCE
- 2.5 hour Sightseeing Tour
- Pass Through Osney Lock
- Stunning Scenery at Port Meadow
- Short stop at Historic Perch Inn
- Christ Church Meadow and College glimpses
- University Boat Houses and Rowing
- Picnic Aboard
- 10% Food Discount at The Folly
- £45pp Adults, £30pp U16
- Private Options Available on Request
- Public Cruise Daily April to October
We travel through the city past famous landmarks including Christchurch College and Meadows, the University boathouses and regatta course, the Head of the River and Folly Bridge . From the river we take in a side of Oxford's heritage rarely seen by visitors to the city. Quaint Osney Island, well-loved allotments and gardens and majestic and ancient Port Meadow are off the tourist trail but represent some of Oxford's most beautiful and intriguing scenery. Port Meadow, a vast area of common land, has remained little changed since prehistoric times and supports plants and bird-life in abundance. At the top of Port Meadow is Godstow. Godstow was the ultimate destination of Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll when they followed an identical route to our trip while composing 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'. It is also the site of Trout Island, an inspiration for another of Oxfords literary icons, C S Lewis, and his stories of the land of Narnia.
- An Selection of Finger Sandwiches
- Homemade Quiche or Tart of The Day
- Homemade Scones with Strawberry Jam, Clotted Cream and Fresh Strawberries
- Elderflower Presse
- Served in a traditional picnic basket with napkins, crockery and glasses (to be returned to the crew at the end of the cruise)
Drinks to take aboard can be purchased at the departure point.
The cruise costs £45 per person and £30 for children under 16.
The cruise departs from our moorings at The Folly, Folly Bridge, Oxford, OX1 4JU. Departure are usually at 12.30pm and 6pm. The cruise lasts approximately 2.5 hours. Advance booking is essential.
Private versions of this cruise are also available (a surcharge applies for groups of less than 8 people). This trip operates between April and October.
*exact contents may differ and depend on availability